5.29.2012

Good Company

Crimson Romance officially launches June 4th and with it 25 titles (Including One Hit Wonder—high fives everyone!) sure to make summer reading nothing short of interesting.
Becoming a Crimson Romance author has not come short of great perks, one of the best is being in such good company.
The ladies in red (the title of our collaborative blog) are a group of well-rounded, sassy, smart, and strong women who write well-rounded, sassy, smart, and strong stories for all tastes.
I've been lucky enough to be able to read ARCs (Advance Reading Copies) of some of our wonderful authors:
 Irene Preston's Infamous, 
What happens when a Hollywood socialite falls for a conservative soccer dad?
 
Kristina Knight's What a Texas Girl Wants
Sometimes what happens in Mexico doesn't stay there...


and Peggy Bird's Beginning Again 
A story about starting over in love and life, finding happiness and fulfillment along the way.


While my reading list is continually growing, I've already learned so much from these ladies. One thing that I particularly love to hear about is how their muses have chosen to manifest themselves.

Kristina's love for music and the song 'stays in Mexico' by Toby Keith was the spark that set Kathleen and Jackson's story in motion. At that point, Kristina knew they'd done something very bad on vacation and "the story sprang to life from there."

I, too, find music very inspirational. (e.g. One Hit Wonder.)

But some people live with their characters in their head, so much so that they become split personalities or, as Peggy says "imaginary friends." And they even can influence our own lives as convincing Peggy a BlackBerry is better than an iPhone.

My character, Audrey, has an Iphone. I'm totally bias, but I'd just put this way—Iphone rocks!

Irene always has themes that inspire her. For Infamous it was masks - "it's about knowing what's real and what's not, especially in your own life."

So, as you see, I'm in good company. These ladies (and I mean ALL of them) are so interesting that, maybe, my third book will be about a group of romance authors that go to a writing retreat somewhere unexpected. (Um, this sounds promising.)

I hope you'll have the chance to check out Crimson Romance's titles this summer. I can assure you it'll be quite a ride.

 


6 comments:

  1. Great post. I, too, feel like I'm in great company. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Denyse, for a great post. I absolutely agree that hanging out with the Ladies in Red has been the best part--okay, the best part after being signed with Crimson--about this year. And a Ladies in Red writing retreat? I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the mention, Denyse! And (shameless plug for Denyse, Peggy and Irene) I'm in awe of the books my author-mates are writing. Such fun, dynamic and, yes, sexxy, books!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a shameless plug for Kristina whose book is also fun, dynamic and sexy.

      Delete
  4. I have self-published two books recently and am also working on a manuscript for Secret Cravings Publishing. In the near future, I too, hope to be a Crimson Romance author :-)

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll be glad to have you, Maria! These ladies are fun!

      Delete