12.03.2011

Book Cover Ideas

Designing a great book cover is harder than I thought. Perhaps, I feel this way because it's my book. I have every scene of it in my mind and to find the perfect image that will express everything I know about the story is…well, hard.

That's another reason the Book Cover Contest is such a great idea. A talented designer that is not as involved in the story will have a clearer vision for a cover.

For fun, I was messing with an image I've found on flickr. From an awesome artist called Franca Alejandra. I've tried to contact Franca and ask permission to use her image, but she hasn't responded yet (it has been a week.) So, I just took the liberty of using it (don't do that Book Cover contestants), that means as soon as she tells me to take it out, I'll remove it from this post.

But for now, here it is:



That's a perfect example how bad typography can ruin a perfectly wonderful image...LOL.

Can't wait to see some real designs...

No comments:

Post a Comment