2.18.2012

Calligramme

I've been doing some research for a piece I will create for the MIRCI 52 Windows gala and fundraising.
My original idea was to create a Surrealist inspired piece, and a few mouse clicks into my research I was re-introduced to
Calligramme.


I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.

We all have seen it, right? When text make up a shape, particularly a shape connected to the subject of the text.
Today, I found this calligramme image for an advertisement of Rosemont's MFA program.
Cool, uh? So, I think I'm going to explore this technique a little further to see what I can come up with until May.
Since now, I'm taking my passion for writing more
seriously (seriously? this is very much an understatement to the way I feel about the subject) I think it's only fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment